dotfiles-cli, why it was created and the pain it comes to solve.
Those are some of the key points that lead me to create this project:
- Simplify the complex dotfiles repository wiring by separating the files from the management layer
- Use a dedicatd CLI utility to control all aspects of the dotfiles repository with ease
- Having a coherent dotfiles structure that is easy to get familiar with
- Allow a generic CLI to control multiple dotfiles repositories (private and public)
- Avoid from running arbitrary scripts
dotfiles-cli is a lightweight CLI utility used for automating your local development environment management i.e. installations / updates with just a few terminal commands.
It helps you to manage your local environment settings and preferences under a remote git backed repository so you’ll keep them in a centralized location, detached from any machine and enjoy all the benefits a version control has to offer.